Monday, August 11, 2014

Rain---yes!!!!


As I write, I note that my internet connection is very slow this a.m.  so I will publish this when that is available—hopefully later this a.m. 

    Good weekend---it rained!!!  Still raining a bit this a.m.  Now maybe our watermelons and muskmelons (ok, cantaloupe for all my non-Hoosier readers) might plump up now.  My middle daughter and her partner are off to Tennessee for a few days so we have the ‘granddogs’.  Very small and so far happy in their portable dog kennel.  Got to see Shanna Schneider on Saturday.  She and her family (which includes a new one, Harold—beautiful little boy with smiles all around) had moved to Iowa recently after she had been a vendor for the last few years at the Attica Farmers Market.  Very happy in Iowa. 

     Spent yesterday afternoon rejoicing for rain and cutting strips of fabric for my next 2 weaving projects.  Have another order for placemats (just finishing a set today that was ordered in April!) and I am starting on a full size rug to build inventory for the Tri-Kappa Craftacular in November that I have mentioned before.  Would like to take 4 full size rugs to the craft show and we are getting down to a little less than 3 months to go.  So, during all my cutting yesterday, my Scissors finally started squeaking and getting really stiff.  Olive oil to the rescue.  Worked some into the screw area that holds the scissors together and now as good as new!  I would have reached for 3-in-1 oil only it was upstairs in my sewing machine supplies and I was too lazy to run up there. 

     This morning I was going to make noodle dough to rest overnight and do the rolling and cutting tomorrow morning, but my husband told me I had 5 more lbs left in the barn freezer so I guess that might be enough for next week’s farmers market.  So I am putting noodle making off until next week.  Trying to find as much time as possible to weave and knit to get ready for a craft show.  My sister Dale and I are sharing a space and it will be exciting to see what she brings.  She is an absolute wizard with a sewing machine and does incredible stuff.  Her handbags are incredible as well as anything else she makes.  I think she is working on some baby accessories with an owl motif which is popular right now.  Hope to have my daughter there with some organic lotion bars that she has been working on.  My granddaughter has started working on some paper beads that are just beautiful. Maybe some of those elastic bracelets that are trendy right now.....becoming a family affair.

No comments:

Post a Comment