Monday, July 7, 2014

One week into retirement.  Do I miss being at the University yet--No.  Do I miss the great group that I worked with, the faculty/staff/students--you bet!  Will stay in touch since they were my department family for many years. 
     Lots to do on the farm this time of year.  Weeds, weeds, weeds and then it rains.  Probably will be droughty in the next 2 months, so shouldn't complain.  Fountain County Fair coming up beginning this Friday when my granddaughter shows her rabbits and chickens.  This takes the whole day and it is a day Mike and I really look forward to. 
    Working on projects for the Craftacular Craft Show that Tri Kappa is having on November 8 at the Attica High School.  Should be a lot of crafters there and a great day for everyone to shop for one-of-a-kind handmade holiday gifts.  My sister Dale and I will be bringing handbags, maybe aprons, knitted items for all ages, handmade rag rugs, placemats, etc.  Not sure if I can sell my handmade noodles there, but if I can, we will have that also.  If my granddaughter has time to work on them, she will be making beautiful paper beads to put together those trendy elastic bracelets to sell. 


The Craftacular will benefit our local food banks, which is certainly a great cause.  Don't get me started on how absolutely barbaric it is that we should have to have food banks for our hungry, especially for those who fall through the cracks and earn too much for food stamps and not enough to keep good food on the table.  Shouldn't be happening in this country.  Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment