Friday, September 25, 2015

What is so fair as an Autumn Day in the Warren County countryside!!

Won't waste time apologizing for how long it has been since my last post.  Life happens.  Went for my walk this morning, came back and grabbed my garden basket and went out to the garden and picked a basket full of beautiful kale.  That stuff just keeps on going even though we just went through the worst gardening season that I can remember.  The kale should keep going until January and can winter over.  If you only have a tiny patch to plant, plant kale. Tonight I am going to make a kale and kielbasa soup recipe that I found in the most current Mother Earth News.  It has many of my favorite ingredients--kale, any kind of sausage, garlic, potatoes, cream, chicken stock---where can you go wrong with that?

Yesterday, I put on my substitute teacher hat and headed to Pine Village School to let the 4th graders teach me things.  Great bunch of students!!  Will see all of them again next week.      

Have been weaving rugs and knitting warm socks in various sizes that are thicker than those you use in your shoes, but great for boot socks (hunting, etc) and wearing around our drafty old farmhouse. The Tri-Kappa Craftacular craft show will be in Attica at either the elementary or high school on November 7 and I will have my handmade rugs and knitted items for sale there.  Rugs take awhile to make, but they are so beautiful and use only re-purposed, recycled cloth. Don't be put off by the price.  They are hand-crafted and will wear forever.  The looms that I use are handmade by my husband Mike and I will be bringing some of those along to sell to people who would like to make their own.  My sister, Dale Van Hyfte will have her fantastic quilts and quilted items, handbags and a lot of other great sewing creations. Great for your Holiday shopping!!  More about this later.  

Go enjoy this day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment