Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Rags to Rugs


  
So this is how it began.  I was researching old styles of weaving, saw the rugs and the rug looms online.  Decided I wanted to do something like this—that repurposes and recycles and realized that this was exactly what I wanted to do.  Now I have 2 large rugs done and numerous other articles.  My first rug is on the floor in front of my kitchen sink and my feet (generally in socks or barefoot in the house) love me for it.  Nice and thick and non-slip.  Using old clothes, sheets, flannel sheets, curtains, the possibilities are endless.  Also, Mike took one look at the simple, primitive floor looms and duplicated various sizes right away.  Wish I could do that, but glad that he can.  We will sell both the rugs and the floor looms at the farmer’s market and at another venue I have my eye on for the winter months.  Along with that will be my handmade socks and other unique knitted wearables.  See Mike and I at the Attica Indiana Farmers’ Market on Saturdays from May to September.  I will have a lot of my wares (including my soap) there for display and for sale.  If you are too far away and you are interested in what I have for sale, my e-mail is fentersj@gmail.com.  Web site coming soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment