Thursday, June 27, 2013

As the first farmer's market of the season approached, I realized that the last time I blogged was in June of last year.  We were in the middle of a draught--well we thought we were in the middle but we were at the beginning.  It went on and on.  Also, my father became ill in July and died in August so we were all preoccupied with saying goodbye to the patriarch of our family who died with such dignity that he taught us in death as well as in life.  Anyway, blogging just paled in comparison to our other activities.

So, I have taken on a new craft which repurposes, re-uses scraps of fabric otherwise thrown away and it is really a lot of fun (also very useful).  I have been making rag rugs on a rug frames (various sizes including mug rugs).  My husband makes the frames based on instructions from our first purchase of them.  What a way to preserve an old-fashioned craft and to reuse and repurpose.  I will be bringing a few examples to the farmer's market and, of course, they will be for sale.  If anyone is interested in doing this themselves, we can also sell them the frames to do it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment