Friday, April 20, 2012

Chickens are very happy and laying eggs and the greenhouse is filling up with plants that we will soon set out in the garden.  Considering the very strange weather we have had for the past 2 seasons, who knows what this season will be like--but that doesn't stop a market gardener.  We are looking forward to the opening of the Attica, Indiana Farmer's Market on May 19.  Hopefully, we will have a few green things to start with. 

Also, for those of you interested, I am taking orders for noodles to put in your freezer for the next months--$4.00 for a dried pound.  Made from my homegrown brown eggs. 

And I do knitting for sale.  It's not too early to think about the holidays or any gifting occasion coming up.  Knitted items do take some time, so you should get your order in early.  Socks are my specialty and I will make them with sock yarn (sock yarn is thin enough to fit in your shoes),  or heavier worsted yarn for boots, bedsocks or just wearing around the house.  These socks are made completely with or with a large percentage of natural wool so they will wear for a very long time.  Adult socks are $25.00 per pair, babies and toddlers are $10.00 per pair and larger children's socks $15.00 per pair.  May seem expensive, but it takes at least $10.00 of wool for adults socks and then you factor in 10 hours to make a pair and it begins to look very reasonable.  I also make hats, mittens, scarves, cowls, collars, shawlettes, fingerless gloves, baby blankets, dish cloths and washcloths (I guess we are supposed to call them spa cloths now!).  Prices vary on different items.  I use natural fibers whenever possible.  I shy away from sweaters and large clothing items due to the amount of time it takes to make them. 

Soap is another passion of mine.  I make very plain, white soap that contains coconut oil and other fats.  It has no scent, which makes it great for people with allergies.  It cleans very well and lathers wonderfully--even in our hard Indiana water.  Babies, grown ups, everyone loves it.  Great for your face, in the bath, and it won't dry out your skin.  $3.00/bar.

We also sell my knitting, soap and noodles at the Farmer's Market.  See Mike and I at the Attica, Indiana Farmer's Market every Saturday beginning May 19 and/or e-mail me at fentersj@gmail.com for more information and prices on the above.






No comments:

Post a Comment